Through CHN's Housing Navigation program, eligible households may receive up to $5,000 in rental assistance towards their security deposit (equivalent to one month's rent) and first three (3) months rent.
To be eligible for the program:
- Must be at or below 80% Area Median Income
- Must participate in Rental Housing/Eviction Prevention Counseling with a HUD-certified Housing Counselor
- Must be able to maintain their housing payments after CHN's rental assistance ends
- Must be located in the city of Cleveland
- Must be registered with the City of Cleveland rental registry
- Must be in compliance with the City of Cleveland's lead safe ordinance
- Must not be at-risk of/in foreclosure
- NOTE: We cannot assist with and/or provide funding for units located outside of the city of Cleveland through CHN's housing navigation program.
- Must provide an executed, written lease
- Must provide a W-9
- Must complete a Landlord Resolution Plan
- Provide relevant rental registry and lead safe certification documentation
- May not live in the same unit as the tenant/applicant