Housing Counseling Disclosure
About Us and Program Purpose: The mission of CHN Housing Partners (CHN) is to build strong families and vibrant neighborhoods through quality affordable housing and strengthened financial stability. CHN is a nonprofit, HUD-approved housing counseling agency. We provide free housing counseling and education services, including Mortgage Delinquency & Default Resolution, Reverse Mortgage, Pre-purchase, Financial, Budgeting, & Credit Repair, and Rental Housing Counseling services, as well as Financial, Budgeting, & Credit Repair and Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops. We serve all clients regardless of income, race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, family status, disability, or sexual orientation/gender identity. We administer our programs in conformity with local, state, and federal anti-discrimination laws, including the federal Fair Housing Act (42 USC 3600, et seq.). Affirmatively Furthering Fair HousingEveryone living in the United States is protected by fair housing laws. A person cannot be discriminated against in housing based on their membership in one or more protected classes.
To learn more about your rights, please visit Fair Housing: Know Your Rights.
As a housing counseling program participant, please affirm your roles and responsibilities along with the following disclosures and initial, sign, and date this form below.
Client and Counselor Roles and Responsibilities
Termination of Services: Failure to work cooperatively with your housing counselor and/or CHN will result in the discontinuation of counseling services. This includes, but is not limited to, missing three consecutive appointments. By signing below, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood this.
Agency Conduct: No CHN employee, volunteer, or agent shall undertake any action that might result in, or create the appearance of, administering counseling operations for personal or private gain, provide preferential treatment for any person or organization, or engage in conduct that will compromise our agency’s compliance with federal regulations and our commitment to serving the best interests of our clients.Agency Relationship: CHN has financial affiliation with HUD, United Way of Greater Cleveland, the State of Ohio, Cuyahoga County, the City of Cleveland, and banks including Third Federal, KeyBank, and JP Morgan Chase. As a housing counseling program participant, you are not obligated to use the products and services of CHN or our industry partners.
For Your Protection: Get a Home Inspection
10 Important Questions to Ask Your Home InspectorSample Home Inspection ChecklistLead-Based Paint:
I/we acknowledge that you received a copy of ‘Disclosure of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing’ and ’Protect Your Family from Lead in the Home’. You can access these forms here:Disclosure of Lead-based Paint Hazards in HousingProtect Your Family from Lead in the Home
CHN Housing Partners CHN) is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We realize that the concerns you bring to us are highly personal in nature. We assure you that all personal information shared orally and/or in writing will be managed within ethical and legal consideration. Additionally, we want you to understand how we use the personal information we collect. Please carefully review this notice as it describes our policy regarding the collection and disclosure of your nonpublic, personal information. What is nonpublic, personal information?
- Information that identifies an individual personally and is not otherwise publicly available information, such as your Social Security Number or demographic data such as your race and ethnicity
- Includes personal financial information such as credit history, income, employment history, financial assets, bank account information and financial debts
What personal information does CHN collect about you and from what sources?
- Information that you provide on applications, forms, emails, or verbally
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
- Information we receive from your creditors or employment references
- Credit report
What categories of information do we disclose and to whom?
We may disclose the following personal information to financial service providers (such as companies providing home mortgages) Federal, State, and nonprofit partners for program review, monitoring auditing, research, and/or oversight purposes, and/or any other preauthorized individual and/or organization. The types of information we disclose are as follows:
- Information you provide on applications/forms or other forms of communication. This information may include your name, address, Social Security Number, employer, occupation, account numbers, assets, expenses, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; such as your account balance, monthly payment, payment history, and method of payment.
- Information we receive from a consumer credit reporting agency, such as bureau reports, your credit and payment history, your credit scores, and/or your creditworthiness.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to any outside entity.
- We may share anonymous, aggregated case file information; but this information may not be disclosed in a manner that may personally identify you in any way. This is done in order to evaluate our program, gather valuable research information, and/or design future programs.
- We may also disclose personal information about you to third parties as permitted by law or when required by a governmental authority
How is your personal information secured? We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to CHN employees who need to know that information in order to perform their housing counseling duties. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information; and we train our staff to safeguard client information and prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or use.
Opting out of certain disclosures: You may direct CHN to not disclose your nonpublic, personal information to third partners (other than disclosures made to project partners, those permitted by law or required by governmental authorities). However, if you choose to opt out, we will not be able to answer any questions from your creditors, which may limit CHN’s ability to provide services such as foreclosure prevention counseling. If you choose to opt out, please call 216.881.8443 and advise that you wish to opt out of certain disclosures.
Acknowledgement & Submit